Saturday, January 10, 2009

Step 2: Done!

OK, I'm now back even with where I'm supposed to be with the Make It Up as You Go Quilt with the blog from YCMT. I've cut, marked, sewn, cut and now just have to iron the squares that are no longer 4" squares. That is one thing that I've never understood about quilting. How can you call it a 4" square if it isn't 4 inches? Maybe that's why I've never done very well at quilting! I left half the squares unsewn (as I had cut twice as many as necessary) just in case we have to cut squares and do something else with them later! If we don't, I can always come back and sew them. Anyway, here's what I've done so far!

This is the stack of extra squares that I’d cut. I will come back to them later.





4 inch square is no longer Am I the only one wondering why the 4” square is called that when it is no longer 4”?

One of the many squares I cut, stitched, and then cut again for this quilt—with the seams finger pressed open to see what it would
look like.

Here are all of my squares cut after they were stitched on either side of the marked line.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

your 4 inch squar will end up being3 1/2 in square. You go girl your futher then I am.