Saturday, January 17, 2009

Plan of Attack for the Day (weekend?)

OK this is the beginning of a 3 day weekend. And I have to have some sort of plan of attack--or I might sit here reading blogs and commenting on them all day! So to save y'all from having to look at all my comments here's what I want to do for this weekend.








  • Organize or at least clean off the cutting table. I've got to have some room to work and there sure isn't any HERE! DONE!

  • Get the Make-It-Up-As-You-Go quilt up to date--to step 5 that is. I got 1/2 of the squares "squared up" and trimmed and placed in groupings so I'll know where they go when I start sewing.
OK this is the first of my blocks to iron--please don't look at my stained ironing board cover! It IS clean!



This is the second set of blocks, you can see the first set is all ironed and sitting there patiently waiting for the next step!


This is set three (the final set of half square blocks to iron). You know, I read in someone's blog (I've been through so many I don't know who is who or if I'm up or down at this point) that you press not iron the squares so it won't distort the fabric. Well, you know, I'd never really thought about it, but she was right. When you iron you place the iron and move it across pulling the fabric and wrinkles out. When you press, you set it down and steam, pick it up to move. So I PRESSED all the squares, not ironed them (even though I do use the term iron).


Finally I have them all ironed. Now all I have to do is trim them. OK so now you know why this task of getting it up to date is on here. From what I understand, from other blogs, this is the worst part, and seems to take forever! But I'll get there.






OK if I'm right, these are the 3 combinations I can do as my pinwheels. Yes there's an oops in the first one, but seeing as how I have to trim them first anyway, what's a little oops between friends?
  • Get the calendar quilt up to date and start figuring out what embroidery designs I want on it for the month of January! DONE!
  • Start on the Mixed T square for the Rainbow Sampler Quilt Swap Thanks to those that are in our group that helped me choose between 3 different light blue fabrics to use, I can at least say that I NOW have chosen the fabric I'll be using!
  • If I'm really ambitious and think I can do it, start the Summer Mystery Quilt--although I can do the first couple of steps she has, that next one has me thrown for a loop. I'll have to really think about this one!
  • Stay up to date with all the blogs I'm following (ok I've done some of that this morning!) DONE!
  • Be sure to send extra hugs and love and prayers to Jennifer & Kaitlyn (Neal, too) as they prepare for Kaitlyn's surgery on Monday. DONE!
  • Oh yeah, and the obvious stuff--you know, vacuum, laundry, cook, dishes--the everyday dull, duldrom stuff of the world!
  • Make more flowers for the Mardi Gras parades. Susan told me there are only 30,000 more we have to make before Mardi Gras! Yikes, I better get busy. By now, I've usually done several thousand and I've barely done any this year. I'll see if I can find pics somewhere (or take them) to see if I can explain that better later. The last 240 gold and 120 green flowers (well that I currently have) were folded and wired tonight. Tomorrow I start fluffing them out so they resemble flowers.
  • Read some more of David Baldacci's Saving Faith

    All in all, it looks like I'm going to be BUSY this weekend! As if that's any different than usual. I'll be checking in later in the day either with updates or just to check to see what the rest of my blogging friends are up to today! Hey, my DONE!s are increasing! Of course look at the number of DONE! items that seem to never end! But I'm still working at it! LOL What's the old addage, "A woman's work is never done"? And in the case of crafting women that is especially true. I'll write a new post later in the day to let you see my progress (other than writing DONE!). Looking at this I'd say I had a pretty productive day! I'll try to post the pictures of my accomplishments tomorrow.

Red = later in the day I edited this post.

Blue = edited one more time before going to bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are a very busy woman!

Anonymous said...

Wow... you are busy!!! good luck... and what kind of flowers are you making?

Three Prince Designs said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to see it done

Jan said...

I love the fabrics!!! I am going to have to get my tushie in gear...I finally got mine stitched....now to press and put them together.....I swear, it's like I am still in school, and waiting until the last night before the "big" test....one would think I would outgrow it.....

Kristina said...

Wowwie! Looks like you'll be busy this weekend!