Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pink Saturday--Another Room to Show!

People! Beverly at How Sweet the Sound hosts Pink Saturday. Pause at her Place to see Plenty of other Pretty Pink items that Precious Pink Participating People are Putting out for Presentation.

Since I seemed to blow peoples' minds with my diningroom, I think it is time for another installment of my house tour. Now remember is a Pink Saturday, so the room must be PINK--you think? So hold on to your hats and your bloomers--for the PINK storm is coming!
It is difficult to get good pictures of this room--it is very small and if you don't use a flash everything is yellow & hazy. If I use the flash it turns out very washed out. Don't have a clue how I got this one so clear! My daughter decided when the last of the brothers moved out that this was to be the GIRLS bathroom of the house. It didn't matter that her sister doesn't like pink. She wanted a lighter pink on top and an almost fushia pink on the bottom. When we got finished, it was such a stark line between the two we thought about getting wallpaper. We thought about it until I found an old sea sponge and left over red, yellow, purple, light pink, fushia pink, purple and white. I just started sponging away and ended up with the color scheme of colors between the light and darker pinks. It still didn't look finished so I added the stamped flowers and then drew in te stems and dots in the middle. We trimmed all the door trims in the dark purple from my sewing room.
In case I can't get the rest of my pictures in here of this, then you'll be able to see how we finished the rest of this room.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Goodness! Your house must look like a rainbow. I love it! I wish I wasn't so afraid to use color on my walls... though I live in apartment, so that may be pert of the reason I am hesitant to make big changes. I love it, love it, love it! How perfectly girly and fun!

Simone de Klerk said...

This ... looks very pretty! Very creative, the way you solved it!

Judy S. said...

Just bought a bunch of craft sized sea sponges. I painted my bathroom in a VERY dark green. It is so dark its depressing...oops. Instead of repainting, I am going to sponge paint it using some much lighter colors. Hope mine comes out as good as yours...